- Monthly10–11 AM
At the ZooCargill Learning Center
Each 60-minute class covers various topics including animal science, life science, and physical science.
8/25 – Playing it Cool
- Staying cool is hard work in Kansas in August, especially when it comes to Zookeepers coming up with ways to keep the animals in their care comfy. Not to worry though, our staff is particularly creative and we will discuss the inventive ways we make it work!
9/22 – Traffic Stop
- Illegal trafficking of animals and animal body parts is a dark and dangerous thing. You might even feel like here in the middle of Kansas we have little means to impact this behavior, join us to learn how YOU have the power and the voice to help cease this practice!
10/20 – Nature’s Night Shift
- Night time is the right time for some of our animal friends. How do they make it work on nature’s night shift? Let’s shed some light on their amazing adaptation.
11/17 – Let’s Talk Turkey
- Did you expect anything other than a turkey class in November? Of course we are thankful for the domestic turkeys that grace the grocer’s freezers, but what about their wild counter parts? We will dig into a feast of facts about these amazing and clever birds!
12/15 – Jungle Bell Rock
- This December let’s take a break from the chill and discuss jungles, which are typically warm and humid and home to a huge diversity of animals. We will rock around the jungle tree while giving ourselves the gift of knowledge.
Homeschool parents are actively involved in the classes. Contact the education department at 316-266-8213 for questions or more information.