- Daily, Apr- Oct9 AM–4 PM
Sedgwick County ZooStingray Cove
CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
Get hands-on with a variety of stingrays and small sharks swimming in a shallow saltwater pool at Stingray Cove! Reopens March 2023.
UPGRADE YOUR EXPERIENCE: FEED THE RAYS FOR $2
Purchase tickets in advance or at Stingray Cove. Feeding experience only available for purchase at Stingray Cove, with limited daily availability.
Free for children 2 and under.
A few things to know:
- Stingray Cove is open daily from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- The line and ticket sales may close earlier to allow everyone in line a chance to enter before closing.
- Twilight Tuesday hours for Stingray Cove are 9 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Upon entering Stingray Cove, please rinse hands and arms – up to the elbows.
- Note that hand sanitizer is toxic to our rays, so if you use sanitizer during your time in the Stingray Cove, please re-visit the hand rinse station before reaching back into the pool.
- Please conceal food and drinks while inside Stingray Cove.
- All personal items should be safely stored on the floor or away from risk of falling into the pool.
- No running while inside Stingray Cove – floors can be wet and slippery.
- Use a flat palm to gently touch rays and sharks on their backs.
- Please avoid touching the tail, wings, or fins of the animals.
- Animals must be allowed to move freely in any direction. Please do not attempt to pick them up or lift them out of the water.
- Please do not sit or stand on the pool walls.
- Splashing, slapping the pool wall, and loud noises are discouraged.
- Please remove large or sharp jewelry and be mindful of long nails as these can easily scratch the skin of the animals.
- While feeding the stingrays, please note that the food is only for the rays. Sharks are fed a special diet.
- Please dispose of any trash or empty food cups in the proper trash or recycle bins.