Title 1 Transportation Grant
All funds have been disbursed for the 2023-2024 academic year.
This program is provided to help Title 1 public schools within Sedgwick County visit the Zoo. The program will offer reimbursement of up to $200 per bus to schools for field trip transportation costs. Funds may not be used for Zoo admission.
All requests for reimbursement must be preapproved by the Sedgwick County Zoo’s Education Department. All programs for which you receive a program ticket count toward participation in the grant.
To receive this funding, Title 1 public schools within Sedgwick County need to complete the following steps:
- Email the Zoo at email@example.com to register for the Title 1 Transportation Grant reimbursement. The school must know how many buses will be needed. Schools may be required to provide proof of Title 1 status.
- Schedule a field trip and education program with the Sedgwick County Zoo Education Department a minimum of two weeks before the preferred date of visit to the Sedgwick County Zoo. See our Field Trip page here: https://scz.org/field-trips
- Contact your transportation or school bus provider to set up your trip to the Sedgwick County Zoo.
- Enjoy your field trip to the Zoo and participate in the required education program.
- Pay for your transportation and request a receipt marked paid from your transportation or bus provider. You may also send us a copy of your invoice after your field trip. Documentation must be received no later than June 15, 2023.
- The Zoo will confirm the class’s attendance at the Zoo and required education program and reimburse the school for up to $200 per bus.
Once you have brought your group to the Zoo, participated in your educational program, and provided your receipt or invoice from the bus or transportation company, Sedgwick County Zoo will reimburse your school up to $200 per bus used for your field trip.
Registration for transportation reimbursements will be on a first-come, first-served basis. Title 1 schools may ask for more than one reimbursement in the school year. All requests for reimbursement for trips during the 2022-2023 academic year must be made by June 15, 2023. Late requests will not be honored.
Transportation reimbursement is not available for the Party for the Planet Earth Day Celebration or Fifth Grade Fire Prevention Day.