Title 1 Bus Program
This program is to help Title 1 public schools within Sedgwick County visit the Zoo. The program will offer reimbursement of up to $200 per bus to schools for field trip transportation costs.
To receive this funding, Title 1 public schools within Sedgwick County need to complete the following steps:
- Call the Zoo (316.266.8213) to register for transportation reimbursement. The school must know how many buses will be needed.
- Book a field trip and free education program with the Zoo.
- Book the buses for the class through the bussing company.
- Enjoy your field trip to the Zoo and participate in the required education program.
- Following the field trip, send the receipt for bus transportation to the Zoo no later than June 15, 2018.
- The Zoo will confirm the class’s attendance at the Zoo and required education program and reimburse the school for up to $200 per bus.
Registration for transportation reimbursements will be on a first-come, first-served basis. Title 1 schools may ask for more than one reimbursement in the school year. All requests for reimbursement for trips during the 2018-2019 academic year must be made by June 15, 2019; late requests will not be honored.
Transportation reimbursement is not available for the Party for the Planet Earth Day Celebration or Fifth Grade Fire Prevention Day.
Interested Title 1 schools should call the Cargill Learning Center at 316.266.8213 for more information or to register.