You facilitate the program and we add the excitement!
Call 316-266-8213 to reserve your box at least two weeks before you need it.
A through Z Boxes
Designed specifically for preschool and kindergarten-age children, we have a box for each letter of the alphabet. Boxes include:
- Background information
- Lesson plans for one letter of the alphabet with hands-on materials
- Handwriting pages in both D’Nealian and Zane Blaser styles
- Animal artifacts & information
- Optional craft ideas, songs, puzzles and games
All supplies will be disinfected before and after check out and can be disinfected by you between uses.
2 kits for $15
Each kit has enough supplies for two to four students to stay engaged at the same time. All supplies will be disinfected before and after check out and can be disinfected by you in between each use.
|Grades K-2||Grades 3-5|
|Science – Get in My BellyTechnology – Billy Goats Gruff
Engineering – Buzz about Bees
Engineering – Build a Giraffe
Art – Animal Pattern Blocks
Art – Habitat Match
Math – Chimpanzee Diets
|Science – Big Headed ScienceScience – Refraction
Technology – Find the Frog
Technology – Gorilla Weights
Engineering – Three Little Pigs
Math – Fibonacci’s Spiral
Math – Mystery at the Peculiar Zoo
Designed specifically for early childhood, STEAM Boxes help you connect with nature.
Each box includes background information, lesson plans with hands-on materials, animal artifacts & information about the artifacts, books, craft ideas, songs, puzzles and games.
Box topics: Animal Homes; Animal Movement; Animal Senses; or How Animals Eat
Pre-K through 5th grade students will interact, investigate and explore with our Investigation Stations. Each station includes background information for the educator and hands-on learning materials for the students. Only supplies that can be disinfected after each use will be included.
Topics include (programs can be adapted to younger or older grades):
|Grades Pre-K-2||Grades 3-5|
|Buzz about Bees
Three Little Pigs
Vet’s Eye View
Great Plains Mall
* Investigation Stations are unavailable for checkout in April and May 2023.
STEM Safari Boxes
For the STEM Safari program, we provide you the presentation and materials to facilitate the program yourself. Each kit includes a presentation, animal biofacts and hands-on learning activity. Only supplies that can be disinfected after each use will be included.
Programs are designed by grade, kindergarten through high school. Boxes may not be available during our busiest months: October, April and May.
How to Check Out a Box
- All check out boxes and kits must be reserved at least two weeks in advance by calling 316-266-8213.
- Materials are checked out from and returned to the Cargill Learning Center at a specific time during our regular business hours.
- Each box or kit may be checked out for one week.
- These boxes and resources cannot be used for profit.
- Failure to return materials on time will lead to an invoice for a $25 late fee, billed to you by the Zoo’s Finance Department.
- Damage to materials that is beyond normal wear on the items may lead to a replacement charge for broken items, billed to you by the Zoo’s Finance Department. Replacement prices may be as high as $60 per item.